Call of War
Let’s start with how long we plan on keeping this test phase running for. The players might have noticed that we did not call it an ‘event’, as we did with previous iterations of Call of War 1.5. That is because we are confident enough to have Call of War 1.5 run longer than ever before. This test phase has an open end.
So far all our Call of War 1.5 tests took place on the 22 players “Clash of Nations” map. This time we want to scale things up a bit. We took the time to make the beloved 100 players “World at War” map Call of War 1.5 ready! During the Call of War 1.5 test phase, there will be a CoW 1.5 version and a CoW 1.0 versions of both maps available to players. The 100 player map also features all four of the new Doctrines on one map! We are already working on other maps to get them ready for Call of War 1.5, so more maps are coming soon!
With Call of War 1.5 paratroopers get a feature the community has been asking for, a ‘convert feature’. This new feature allows generals to have their paratroopers board a plane again after they got deployed. The ‘convert feature’ converts the paratrooper from an infantry back to a plane. This makes paratroopers much more flexible and a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield!
● Research does not cost manpower anymore. We replaced previous manpower costs by normal resource costs, specific to each unit.
● We rebalanced resources in general to alleviate resource constraints players experienced especially in the early stages of our last test event.
● The limit of more units adding more damage to an army is lowered from 15 to 10 units.
● Upgrading costs were reduced from 100% to 50% of the target level price.
● We added a new “Local Port” building, that allows units to embark or disembark faster in rural provinces.
Apart from these big changes, we did a lot of fine-grained balancing changes to individual units related to the community feedback, the new Doctrines and the new units in the game.
Doomsday: (Sign-up period: 09.07.2020 – 13.07.2020)
What will happen if all states in North America are armed with nuclear weapons? Who will be able to survive? Who will push the button first? The Doomsday Clock is ticking…In this scenario, all states in North America have unlocked research up to nuclear devices and have equipped their armies with these most deadly weapons. Will you be able to unify the continent under your reign before nuclear winter is coming?
Rush for Europe: (Sign-up period: 16.07.2020 – 20.07.2020)
Time flies, as they say! Just like the fighters and bombers these days. The Germans are rearming, the Russians are on the move and the Royal Navy is on high alert! It looks like we are only hours away until war breaks out in Europe once again. Mobilize your troops and prepare yourself for whatever enemy you may face! “Rush for Europe” is a special event map that runs on breathtaking 6 times the speed of normal game rounds! Even the tiniest decision could have severe consequences of this pace. Experience the war for Europe in a way you have never seen it before!
Free for all: (Sign-up period: 23.07.2020 – 27.07.2020)
In this event you will not know friends nor family: In a 100p map with the ‘anonymous round’ feature
enabled and no coalitions, you will be pitted against 99 other players in a struggle for survival. We
also enabled the Elite AI but will not charge any entry fee for this exclusive event.
The last release was one that is all about the details: It includes some small but decisive quality-of-live improvements for both desktop and mobile players as well as a number of bug fixes.
Please find a complete list of all changes below:
● On mobile, we drastically improved the readability of the resource icons in the top bar and throughout the UI.
● On desktop, we relocated the Archived Games by introducing a toggle in the My Games section for easy switching between active and archived game rounds.
● On desktop, we changed the tab order on the Ranking page to put more emphasis on the weekly ranking.
● On desktop, we now highlight the top 5 players of the week on the main page (instead of just the top-ranking player) to celebrate our most skilled generals.
● We fixed a bug that prevented the ranged attack arrow from being displayed consistently.
● We fixed a bug on mobile that prevented players from scrolling down when reading a message that exceeded the initial message space.
● We fixed a bug on mobile that caused the small plus icons to be missing when using the “add army” functionality.
Goldrush: (Sign-up period: 09.07.2020 – 13.07.2020)
The time has come for another speed round event! This time, we have upped the ante: You will play on a 500 player map at 4x speed with drastically increased Goldmark rewards. Don’t hesitate and join this massive rush for gold!
Rush for Europe : (Sign-up period: 16.07.2020 – 20.07.2020)
It looks like we are only hours away until war breaks out in Europe once again. Mobilize your troops and prepare yourself for whatever enemy you may face! “Rush for Europe” is a special event map that runs on breathtaking 6 times the speed of normal game rounds! Even the tiniest decision could have severe consequences for this pace. Experience the war for Europe in a way you have never seen it before!
Free for All! (Sign-up period: 23.07.2020 – 27.07.2020)
In this event you will not know friends nor family: In a 100p map with the ‘anonymous round’ feature enabled and no coalitions, you will be pitted against 99 other players in a struggle for survival. We also enabled the Elite AI but will not charge any entry fee for this exclusive event.
Conflict of Nations
The team has decided to disconnect the Season 4 launch date from the full release of the mobile client that will be slightly delayed. We aim to enable all players to enjoy the highest quality of strategy games. So we will focus on further optimizing CoN Mobile before we release it.
For payers that are curious to see and help the development, we encourage them to register for the open beta that will be available in the App stores soon we will be happy about every feedback.
Season 4 is finally here!
Featured Seasonal Unit: New Electromagnetic Elite Rail Guns
The Elite Electromagnetic Railgun can shred through any armored unit with projectile velocities up to Mach 7. Fire-control handoff to radar capable units enables airborne target acquisition, including missiles. With its unprecedented firepower and precision, the Electromagnetic Railgun debuts as a new breed of superweapon that will change the face of warfare forever.
In case this is your first Season, you can read more information here , and check out the new Seasonal Leaderboard tab in the main menu.
Here’s a rundown how Season 4 will work:
● Season 4 features three new Self Propelled Rail Guns, one for each doctrine.
● Earn Season Points by killing units in any of your games – they all count!
● Try out the unique Seasonal Units, available to everyone! (NOTE: Only available for new games starting July 1st
● Season 4 Units can be researched from a new tab in the Research Panel. If you Unlocked the Elite Units in previous Season you are still able to research them.
● In order to permanently unlock the Seasonal Unit and use it after the Season ends, you must earn at least 2000 Season Points and have a valid Security Council Pass.
● Season 2 Elite Helicopters make a comeback, for reaching 1000 Season Points players will unlock the unit that was featured in Season 2 and unavailable to all players that started past a certain date.
Test and play Conflict of Nations for your own here: